Thursday, December 24, 2009

A day before Christmas Eve



It was snowing hard in Chicago around 3pm. I was scheduled to see my former Boss.. sorry professor.. I could not make it. It was because of transportation and my laziness. I had to call in to cancel. I felt a bit bad about it. We rescheduled to meet again next week. I wonder what professor would think of me. Very Unprofessional :D Hopefully everything work out okay and my lazy butt wont be in the way of getting things done. Speaking of getting things done, do i need to probe someone to make sure he would do the job? Perhaps, I should chill and not worry abt it. This should save my energy for the worst. My friend sent in a barrel list to ship to DOMINICA - this ensured that I wont be the only one sharing barrel space with my other friend. Anyway, please bear with me on my rambling. the OAKMILL cake that my parents bought to give to professor was left as I could not make it to my former undergraduate university UIC on-time and wet/flaky snow falling very hard up to 4 in or so. Meanwhile, our 85 years old neighbor came over to our home and gave us CHRISTMAX GIFTs: homemade chocolate cupcakes, oranages or tangerine and a jar of strawberry jam. YUMMY. My youngest sister and I thanked him. We wished him happy holidays. I remembered suddenly that the cake that I was not able to give to my boss, this could be a gift for our neighbor. Our family was thinking of using cake as gift a day before and here was our chance. I quickly removed the cake and gave it to him in return for his presents. Afterwards, I recruited my youngest sister to build SNOWMAN. While we were doing it, my younger sister came back from work and joined us in completion of SNOWMEN. The moral of the story is that making a positve twist whatever turned out, and in the end we all should be happy with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment