Sunday, January 10, 2010

Surge Protector Issue

The studio that I live now is weird in a way that there are too many furnitures (4 chairs, 2 tables, 1 computer table, one sofa, one bed, one gigantic closet) and four outlets in a tight cozy space. This morning I tried to rearrange so that my rice cooker wont be in the way of my stove and my laptop can have power. I plugged in my one and only surge protector with multiple outlets that I paid with 30EC from TINA (which by the way i can get with $3 from US, talk about paying too much in DOMINICA). POP! SPARKS everywhere. After I smelled something like hot electrical fumes. I figured I fried or smoked my surge protector. Charr on it is evidence. Then I realized that I might need transformer as mediator for surge protector and the outlets in the wall (that supplies 220V). Silly me!! Learn As You Go, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment